After a bit of work, I just sent my first attempt to get diff working with a memory context. My basic idea was as follows:
workingctxso that it gets all the goodness of a regular context, like so
- add any minimal number of methods to
memctxto make diff work
It was pretty straight-forward but as I wrote this series I learned a few things. For one thing, I should have split up the patch series into two series: one for add
ipdb debugging and one for the
memctx changes. Another potential pitfall (noticed in patch 12), is the discrepancy of
memctx with its other siblings.
memctx has a different
__init__ signature which suggests that a bigger refactoring might be needed.
Finally, as Kevin pointed out, having
memctx inherit from a
workingctx seems a little forced. For example,
isinstance(workingctx, obj) vs.
isinstance(memctx, obj) doesn’t quite read the same way. I think the only way around this would be for total context.py refactoring as such,
Off to my next round of patches!